The first week of #blogjune and #ICAD (Index-Card-A-Day) has drawn to a close, and as promised in my first post I have put together a round up of my week's #ICAD efforts.

Index-Card-A-Day (#ICAD) 2014 Week 1 round up

I have found the Index-Card-A-Day challenge to be a lot of fun, but also surprisingly challenging. It's been a long time since I've put pen or brush to paper on a regular basis - and it showed! I felt quite clumsy on several occasions, especially when trying new techniques or media.

But that's the point really. It's about exercising my creative muscles, and giving myself permission to try. My experiments may be failures or successes, but it doesn't matter as long as I do something to stretch myself creatively. I'll admit that they haven't all been easy to share online, but I'm proud of them nonetheless.

It's also been unexpectedly easy to make time for (much easier than writing blog posts anyway!). Tim is doing the Index-Card-A-Day challenge with me as well, and we've set up half of the dining table with a plastic cloth and all of our art supplies so that we can easily jump in and start work any time. It makes for a great circuit breaker after a busy day at work :)

I'll be continuing to upload photos of each day's card on Flickr.